4 junio, 2019
Countdown to CIE 2019 – Updates and Information
Find relevant information and deadlines for CIE 2019.
Countdown to CIE 2019 – Updates and Information
June 4, 2019: TODAY
Last day to reserve accommodation at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel, using the online form available on the CIE 2019 Accommodation page. There are some rooms left at the CIE 2019 rates for the main days of the conference.
June 7, 2019: Last day to register at the standard rate. After this registration will be possible at the conference itself.
June 7, 2019: Last day to participate in the social survey for CIE 2019.
June 7, 2019: Places are still available for the conference dinner. Booking for this is currently only available during the online registration period.
Should you have any questions about the registration process and payment, or problems securing accommodation at the conference hotel then, please contact the CIE 2019 Secretariat.
Abstract Booklet and Compiled Conference Proceedings
All full papers submitted for presentation at the conference are currently being compiled as Volume 1 of the proceedings for CIE 2019. This full compilation will be available to all registered attendees at CIE 2019 via a download link included in your conference materials.
In the meanwhile the abstract booklet is available for a preview of the papers that will be presented at CIE 2019 – just a note that this might be updated with additional conference material in due course.
Detailed Conference Programme and Division TC Meeting Timetable
The detailed conference programme has been compiled and finalized. This is now available for download so that you can start to plan your personal programme for CIE 2019.
The latest version of the Division and TC Meeting Timetable is also available.
Webex meetings are avaialbe for meetings held in some of the rooms, as listed on the timetable. Be aware that the Webex invitations are available only to actual Division and TC members who are unable to attend in person. The invitations to the Webex meetings are avaialbe upon request form the responsible Division Director or TC Chair.
Networking – Social Events at CIE 2019
The Host Committee of the CIE 29th Quadrennial Session would like to extend invitations to both attendees and their guests to join in on group activities if they wish while in Washington D.C. It would be great to build the group activities around interests of attendees, so the Host Committee have created a survey that they encourage you to participate in. This will enable activities to be offered centered on common interests. So if you are coming to CIE 2019, then please use the link below to respond to the survey: https://virginiatech.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_aVLsohM0YXsZJ6B
Responses will be accepted until Friday, June 7, 2019.
In addition to this survey there are plans in place for a CIE Speed Networking event on the evening of Monday June 17. This will be an opportunity to network with new and long serving contributors of the CIE. More details about this will be provided at the conference check-in.
Open Access for Individual Conference Papers
The CIE Board of Administration (BA) have agreed that the individual papers submitted for inclusion in the conference proceedings of CIE 2019 will be made Open Access. What this means for authors:
- All individual papers, as submitted to Central Bureau for inclusion in the conference proceedings, will be made Open Access, unless the author(s) decline this.
- For this trial there will be no charge for individual papers to be made open access.
- CIE will still hold copyright of the papers.
- Individual papers will be available online within the CIE website.
- Individual papers will be available for authors to be uploaded to the databases of their academic institutions, organizations or personal databases. Such uploading and further citation shall be made with full reference to the CIE conference, the URL of the page on the CIE website where the paper can be found, and the address and contact details of CIE Central Bureau.
- Should requests be made for the republication of individual papers in scientific journals, magazines or on other websites, then permission should still be sought from CIE Central Bureau, this is to ensure that CIE can determine the impact of the open access and to ensure proper reference (including originating URL) is given to CIE.
- The collected conference papers will still be made available for purchase as the conference proceedings from the CIE webshop.
Note: DOIs for individual papers and the papers themselves will be searchable and available for access the week following the conference.
Sponsorship and Exhibition at CIE 2019
A big thanks to our sponsors and exhibitors in their support of CIE 2019. Look out for the those companies and sponsors bringing interesting exhibitions to you at the conference.
Leukos Journal, a Friend of CIE 2019, has arranged for some fantastic reading material to be popped into your conference bag. Thanks Leukos!